Thursday, December 20, 2007

Customized Books

Here's a concept. How about a place where you can sample the first few pages of a story, then add it to a customized book built from just the things you'd like to read?

The folks at Anthology Builder are hoping the idea appeals to you. Mix and match authors and genres as you please. Combine up to 350 pages and get a nice trade paperback, complete with your own selected cover and notes. Pay $14.95 plus shipping. Voila! Custom books.

I thought this an interesting idea, so I shipped off one of my stories for inclusion in their database. Checking back, I see that stories are being added every day, some from a few 'name' authors such as Mary Robinette Kowal or look for zines such as Abyss & Apex, Alienskin, Asimov's or Fantastic Stories. Big publications with heavy-weight authors. Getcher stories right here.

They take only reprints, so you can be pretty sure the story you think sounds interesting is actually well-written and worth inclusion in your personalized anthology. Send in your own reprints and include yourself in a customized anthology. Perfect gift for friends and family.

Take a look at Anthology Builder and find my story, "If You Could See Her," here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link. I'll have to send them some stuff once I find the time...laughter....

    ReplyDelete