Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's Official

I finally decided to join SCBWI (squibbee?), Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. I've heard that networking is a good thing. The science fiction group doesn't want anyone who hasn't been published in a very limited set of publications and/or publishers. So, that leaves me out in the cold.

Anyway, SCBWI seemed a good place to start, although I haven't any idea yet how it might benefit me. They do hold two annual conferences (NY and LA) and, if I were well off, I might even attend. They do have a SCBWI @ Bologna conference. Being in Italy, I might have to be more than well off to attend that one.

They also have Regional chapters, although the one for Oregon seems to be in Portland, so that doesn't do me much good. Of course, I'll investigate further.

So, it's official: I'm now a children's book writer. Hmm. I'm not sure how that feels yet.

2 comments:

  1. Smile, Marva! J K R is also a children's book writer!! You never know ....... success might just be around the corner! Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm... If it brings you to Portland, let's have coffee. :-)

    ReplyDelete