Sunday, May 25, 2008

First Duty - Scifi for June Publication

Sam's Dot Publishing is a good friend of mine.

Well, Tyree, the managing editor must be in any case.I sent Tyree "First Duty" a science fiction novella yea these many moons ago. It's finally on the front burner and scheduled for a June release. I would LOVE to show the rough cover art for the book, but I'll hold off until Tyree tells me it's a done deal.In any case, here's the book's backcover blurb:

Nyra Hutchings, a woman born into a life of servitude on a repressive factory planet, is desperate for a different life. When she's accepted into the Space Service Academy, run by the organization that enslaves her planet, she discovers the truth behind generations of rebellion. Now, she must decide what to believe, where her first duty lies, and fight for more than her life.


I would like to give credit where it's due. I posted my original query letter and synopsis on my critique group's forum. A lovely young woman, who goes by EmeraldSky, wrote the above and I just couldn't find fault with it. Thanks, Em! You're a peach and write a hell of a query paragraph.


To add to the short form, "First Duty" is a pure scifi. No romance here, folks. I really don't think that the heroine needs to fall for some hunky space cadet. Nyra is her own woman. She has to make some tough decisions, but she's up to the challenge. I hope folks will enjoy the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment