Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Book Sales Mysteriously Disappear

In March 2009, Amazon quit sending my book sales figures to Lulu or Lulu quit crediting my account. Despite all my efforts to get either of the monoliths to correct the situation, I had to remove the book from sale through Lulu. Later, I put it back up when Lulu offered a free reinstatement. For almost two years, the crediting of sales from Amazon to Lulu has worked fine.

Now, in March 2011, the same thing is happening. I've not received credit for book sales since mid January. Weird, eh? Guess I'll have to retire the book again. I'm already out royalties for 30 copies. May not be much, but it's my money, so I very much resent it. Neither Lulu nor Amazon are much help. They have until May 9th and if sales records aren't straightened out by then, Tales of a Texas Boy - Large Print (10.8 x 8.1 trimsize) will be off the market. Please buy the 9.5 x 7.3 trimsize edition instead (shown here). The latter book is also less expensive when buying direct from Amazon.

Of course, I will continue to act as a third party vendor on Amazon for all my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment