Monday, November 14, 2011

My OTHER Books - First Duty and Ultimate Duty

I wrote two books with the same plot and characters. The first, "First Duty," is a YA level novella. It was originally published by Sam's Dot Publishing in print form only in 2008. I wanted to turn it into an ebook, so when my contract expired, I did a bit more editing and published it as an ebook and print book with a new cover. The blurb for both books is similar, so I'll just put it here once. The heroine's name is Nyra in First Duty and Remy in Ultimate Duty.

Oath or love...What is her ultimate duty?

Remy Belieux, a woman born into a life of servitude on a repressive factory planet, is desperate for a different life. When she's accepted into the Space Service Academy, run by the organization that enslaves her planet, she discovers the truth behind generations of rebellion. Now, she must decide what to believe, where her ultimate duty lies, and fight for more than her life against impossible odds.

FIRST DUTY
 
Amazon Kindle and Barnes & Noble EPub editions cost only 99 cents.

The print edition is also available from Amazon and B&N. I just dropped the price on the print, but it might take awhile for the lower price to catch up on B&N. At Amazon, print is now $6.99.

At Barnes & Noble, it's $8.99 as of today, but the price should drop soon.



ULTIMATE DUTY

I got to know some CDSF writers (character-driven science fiction) and thought that my plot, characters, and the bit of romance in the book suited it to another reworking. I added 22K words of action and some fairly hot sex. I changed the title to "Ultimate Duty" and most of the character names as well. I submitted this book to Eternal Press and it is now for sale at the usual on-line stores.

Note that this book did receive 9th Place (which placed it in award category) at the Preditors and Editors readers poll. So I guess a few people liked it well enough to vote it up over a few dozens of other SF books.

Since it's longer and published through a pro publisher, it costs more to buy the the novella.

At Amazon, the Kindle edition is $6.69.

The Amazon print edition varies quite a bit. It dropped down to around $4 a couple of weeks ago, so I bought a copy for myself. That was a better price than I could get with my discount with Eternal Press.

Immediately, the print price jumped up to $12.94. Such are the mysteries of Amazon pricing. I guess I should have bought a couple of copies when I had the chance.

Barnes & Noble EPUB is $5.56. Not too bad with the discount. However, the B&N print price is higher at $13.94.

No comments:

Post a Comment