Thursday, January 16, 2014

Speaking of Audio Books - Want a Free One?

Wooooo hooooo! I have promo coupons to get a free copy of the audio book, "Tales of a Texas Boy." I laid some coupon goodness on G+ already and am waiting to see if I get a response or two so I know how many I can dole out on a given promotion.

So, THREE is the magic number. Maybe more if I'm feeling generous. Comments are the way to play.

Say "I want one" in a comment to this blog post. I'll select three (I hope at least three of you will comment) and will PM or email the info for you to pick up your copy (if you're a winner) at audible.com. You don't have to be an audible.com member to get the book; you just have to have some player (I use an installed audible player (free to download) on my Kindle Fire and my droid smart phone) for the listening tasks.

Here's what I beg of you.

1) If you win, please USE the coupon. It's one use only, but if you don't use it then it's one less I have to give to somebody who wants a copy.

2) Please leave a review on Audible or Amazon. You don't have to love it, you don't even have to listen to it, but PLEASE leave a rating and a few words pretending you did.

Remember, I know who you are and where you live. Well, not the last necessarily, but you get the idea. Really, it's a fun book. The stories are short, only about 5-10 minutes each.

Here's how you use a coupon on audible.com:

1. Visit http://www.audible.com/at/redeem

2.  Enter the download code (which I'll send you) into the "Redeem Your Promotional Code" field and click "Redeem".

3.  If you’re not an Audible customer you’ll need to create a new Audible.com account. Don’t worry, you can use your Amazon account to do this.

4.  Follow the instructions. You’ll have 1 credit applied to your account.

5.  Go to my book’s listing (http://www.audible.com/pd/Fiction/Tales-of-a-Texas-Boy-Audiobook/B00HJCF7BY/)

6.  Add it to your cart. When you check out you’ll see an option to apply the free credit.

7. Audible will put the book in your book library. When you start up your audible.com app, your library will contain Tales of a Texas Boy, so you can listen anytime you want.

See. Easy-peasy.

Now leave a comment.


5 comments:

  1. I just downloaded the app to my PC and would love to win. You are a gem for teaching us through the show and tell approach. I listened to the book tease and it sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. S. Willett: Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment. I think you have a really good shot at winning a free code.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Marva, as you know by now, I am not 'techie". Can audio books be played from a PC, or do you have to have some special reader thingie, like a Kobo e-reader, but for audio? The first commenter said something about downloading an app to a PC. I thought apps were just for mobile phones, which, despite the next generation's many admonitions regarding my embracing the twenty-first century, I don't have. I'm not so archaic that I bang my stuff out on a typewriter anymore though, so I do have both a laptop and a desk PC, and am open to putting audio books on one, if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Renee. I sent you some instructions. I've been struggling myself, but finally have the audio app on my PC, smart phone, and Kindle Fire. It was one of those "what if I do this?" things. Somewhere or other, the various audio players got the hint and list this book as one I can listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Marva. I'll try it tomorrow, when I have some free time. I'm heading for the OSC centre right now to see the huge yes-you-can-play-inside-it igloo the kids built out of milk jugs.

    ReplyDelete