Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Commenting on Posts with G+

I've attached this blog to Google+. This means a couple of things:

My posts automatically connect to my Google+ page. This is a good thing since I don't have to do it all every time a new post appears. This is handy, especially, when I've scheduled posts in advance. This also means you can comment on the post in Google+ (if you roll that way) and it will appear over here on the blog.

If you want to leave a comment, you'll have to have a Google+ profile. Seems like most everybody does, but if you don't, you'll be prompted to add one. I'm sorry. This also ticks me off, but it is what it is.

The 0 Comment link at the bottom of the post is where you'll click to add a comment. Unfortunately Google has not yet fixed the comment counter. There may be comments even if that counter is still 0. Again, a pain in the butt.

I searched for a way to fix this myself, but it can only be done by changing several sections of the blog templates underlying HTML code. If you understood that sentence, you know as much as I do. I tried the directions and all I got were error messages. Considering there are a couple thousand lines of code, I didn't feel like screwing around with it was a good idea. I have better things to do.

So, PLEASE, click that 0 Comment beneath the posts to open up the comment section. It does work. You'll be able to see what others have written.

I hope the issues will be resolved by Google, but I'm not holding my breath. I just have too much invested in this blog to even think about switching to Wordpress or some other blogging system.

Here's the picture of the day. This is the audio book cover for Spellslinger. It'll be a promo item since it's a prequel short story to the Witches of Galdorheim series. If you've been reading my blog, you already know that the first book, Bad Spelling, is complete and for sale at Amazon and audible.com. It'll also be on iTunes, but they take their own sweet time about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment