Friday, September 12, 2014

Oh, hi! I didn't see you standing there

One of the color photos in Lemons.
I haven't been posting over the last few days because I was busy with putting out a little illustrated book for kids (Lemons and Other Kid Tales). Today, I added popups to the book and anxiously awaiting being able to test them on my Kindle Fire. The book isn't much to look at on a black and white Kindle.

I will be running some free days soon. Whoever bought that copy of Lemons for $2.99. Bless you. Contact me, and I'll give you some more books to make up for it. I don't think you can return it at this point.

Biggest annoyances of Kindle for Kids:

  • Having to upload a PDF to the application. This means the pages are static when viewed on a Kindle Reader (of any type). You can't change font size, view in landscape mode (I chose to create the book in portrait mode). 
  • The product page doesn't have a See Inside feature and thinks the book is only 1 page long. It isn't. It's 16 pages, which still isn't much, but WAY more than 1.

I'll let you all know about the free book days. I'm thinking the first couple of days of October, then some more later.

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment